In 1544, the fortress was built, it replaced the lighthouse more than over 300 years. The fortress was completely destroyed during the French Revolution and again during the War of Independence. After the destruction of the fortress a big fire was kindled which should be take over the function of the lighthouse.
The lighthouse, as we know today was built in 1864. It consists of 2 buildings a square building of 324m2 and a tower, which should guide the ships.
The lighthouse of Roses was, is and will always be, with his white situate, a reference point for navigation, for the Bay of Roses and its neighbors.